Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Student Life Camp

This past week, I went to Student Life Camp in Lynchburg, Va. I was there with my home church, Emmanuel Baptist, because NHC already had enough male chaperones.

As a Student Life veteran, I had a pretty good idea of what to expect from camp. Basically, there are 2 big worship gatherings everyday that led by a drama team, band, and camp pastor. The camp pastor was David Nasser, whom I have heard speak many times at Liberty. I already knew most of the stories that he told, but I was still able to learn many new things from him.

The band was Unhindered. I had heard them before at a big youth event that I went to at the Nissan Pavilion a few years back. They have come a long way since I first heard them. They have a very upbeat, funky sound.

Another huge part of Student Life is family group time. All the students are divided up into groups of about 8-12, and that becomes your family group for the week. Some churches choose to keep their youth group together for this time, and some choose to split up. This year, I had the opportunity be a family group leader of 6 students from 3 different churches in NC and VA.
I had a great time with them, and hopefully they learned something from me during our Bible studies.

Here are some pictures of my group.







I decided to to a youtube search to see if I could find any videos of the worship gatherings, and this one pretty much sums it up. You can watch it if you want to see some crazy camp kids.



Matt

2 comments:

  1. Help him out, Andy. He said "chaperones". That's a buck in the bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey now nobody told me about that one!

    ReplyDelete