Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hukilau Surf Camp

Yesterday was the first Hukilau Surf camp of the summer. Hukilau is put on every year by NHC pastor Steve Wise and his crew of surf instructors. We had a great time out there, and a lot of kids caught waves for the very first time.

Getting ready.


Learning the basics.

Instruction from Andy and Steve

Learning to paddle.

Les and Carol's granddaughter Morgan.

Waiting.

After I put my camera down and got in the water, we got some great surf and a lot of kids did very well. There will be three more camps this summer, so I will try to get pictures of some kids surfing next time.

Matt

5 comments:

  1. The water looks great. Wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait a second...I was there, and you were nowhere near the water...

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh oh, Nathan ratted you out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nathan just told me that he was there for about 20 minutes. I was there for 4 hours.

    ReplyDelete