Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday FlashBlitz - Happy Father's Day

Happy Father' Day! This morning was awesome at NHC. Here's why:
  • I got to wake extra early and get picked up by Chris Jolly at 6:40am! Ok, so this wasn't awesome. We had a fun ride though, and we stopped by Nathan's house to pick him up too.
  • Today was my first Sunday playing in the band! Until now, I had helped with Kid's church for every Sunday that I had been at NHC. Nathan knew that I had many opportunities to lead worship at Liberty, so he wanted me to be able to get experience from areas that I am normally not involved with. This week, however, he needed me to fill in on bass, and I was more than happy to do so.
  • Rick gave a great message today that was aimed toward fathers. This is an area that I obviously do not have any experience in, but I am always up for learning as much as I can about it so that I will be more prepared when that time comes. Fortunately for me, I have a pretty great dad, so I have a good head start.
  • Today was the first Sunday for our new checkin system! I have been working out the kinks for a while now, so it was great to finally see it in action. It worked better than I had hoped for. There was only one minor problem that I know of, and it has already been fixed. I'm ready for next week to see how round 2 goes.
Here are a few of my pictures from the morning.

Checkin Kiosk, ready for action.

Bonnie checking in her children while Andy encourages her.

Our wonderful Guest Kiosk workers.

Backstage waiting to get our groove on.

Leading worship.


Nathan looking excited.

Chad H. and Bonnie

Me playing bass

Soundboard
(Thanks to Rich Coleman and Nick Nelson for taking the pictures of the band)

Matt

2 comments:

  1. Matt; you did a great job on the bass Sunday! Thanks for all you are doing at NHC this summer. We are all glad you are here. See ya soon!
    Burnie

    ReplyDelete